Sunday, March 11, 2007

ICTA Large Scale Mission Trip: Pacific Life Open, Day 11

This is a pic of my friend Bill. Bill is an amazing man who God uses in big ways. Bill founded a student discipleship ministry
Today was hot! I mean hot. 99 degrees and pure sun. People here at the tournament were hot and worn out. Though the temp was scorching, the Pac Life still had record numbers in attendance. And the people we met were passionate. Our membership drive was as hot as the weather!

Mel and I were given some box seats for the evening matches. As the sun settles on the horizon and the evening coolness settles in, and as I type this blog for you, I just feel so grateful to have such a loving, caring God who is taking care of me and this ministry.

As much as I love this town and this tournament, let me tell you something... the people here are in desperate need of hearing God's word. They are hungry for God's truth, not some watered down sermon or some fake religion.

This entire valley is a mission field. Each day God brings someone who really bonds to ICTA. You can see their emptiness and their need for fulfillment in life. It's hard for me to see such empty zombies walking around. I want to take each of them on mission trips with us and let them see firsthand how God truly cares for His people.

But, so many of the people I meet are locked into their purposeless lives, they have little sense of how special they really are. If they only knew. Hopefully, as the International Christian Tennis Association gains a 1000 or so members here in ICTA California then we can really do some amazing outreaches.

ICTA is a tennis association, not a church. We have tennis association members, not followers. Think USTA when it began, but ICTA is faith based. That said, we have the ability to gather people together and help them network. I can bring them together and take them worldwide.

They build friendships and strengthen lives. So special.

One more week, then I head back to Florida for more missions... and to prepare to build a tennis facility! God is so good. Thank you soo much for your many calls! Your prayers and worlds of encouragement are important to me!

Enjoy the pics...! God bless, Scotty