Saturday, March 17, 2007

A Purpose...

Mel carrying in supplies to our booth on Saturday morning.

How many people attending the Pac Life Open will go to Heaven?

I've been dreaming of being here on a mission trip for years. Right now, one of my dreams has come true. The International Christian Tennis Association is at the world's 6th largest professional tennis tournament on a large-scale mission trip. God has opened every door necessary... and closed others... to make my dream come true.

ICTA has hosted large scale mission trips to among the most attended tennis tournaments in the world. Davis Cup... Nasdaq 100 Open... US Men's Clay Court Championships... International Hall of Fame Championships... Pacific Life Open... and others. I am in awe of God. He has taken the big dreams He planted in my heart and is making them come true.

God has blessed me with a faith-based tennis academy in Florida. It's small... a mom and pop type operation typical of Europe... but it's blessed. Soon, God will bless us with our own full service tennis facility. Our faithfulness with the small things has led to bigger responsibilities and opportunities to serve Him.

My small tennis tour company is likewise blessed. What was once a dream of bringing ICTA members to Grand Slam event together as a tennis tour group is coming true during the 2007 US OPEN. Our mission trips are designed to serve others. Our tennis tours are designed to feed our members with His spiritual food.

My friends, mentors, and ministry partners... wow, am I blessed. At anytime I can simply pick up a phone and call among the most authentic founders of Christian ministries in the world. First and foremost, David Nasser has stuck by my side through any and every mistake I have made and patiently guided me as I work to build a relevant Christ-honoring ministry.

My amazing staff is second to none. Rachel Snelen and Melody Snelen have put up with me for 7 years. How and why I don't know. I don't deserve to have such talented people working beside me. Lord only knows how many times my bull-in-a-china-shop, get it done personality has caused them headaches. I make the mess, then they work to clean it up. Without them I am totally useless and should simply quit ministry and sell cars. Their belief in me has meant the world.

ICTA California is a real dream come true, now. 1000+ coming together these last couple of weeks in honor of Him. 1000+ preparing now a mission to do more, be more. God's love has flowed throughout this event. Everywhere you can see signs people have been touched by our little sports ministry, by God's dream he planted in my heart and nurtured to fruition.

Now ICTA California has a purpose! To serve Him!

I will contact you all to prepare for our yearly ICTA California Convention. Over the next 4 weeks we'll call you to set an accountability team to build the infrastructure of ICTA California, and of our 2008 ICTA California Convention. In partnership with other ICTA sections and our partner churches, we will move forward with a vision....

ICTA California has a purpose, a vision. The vision I have for ICTA California is spectacular! People all over the western USA coming together for His purposes, working together to share His love...

Right now, we are packing our outreach booth and preparing for our drive to Las Vegas, then the Grand Canyon as we reach the final stage of our nearly 7 week missions tour which has taken ICTA across the country. As soon as I can I will write the vision I have for ICTA California and share with you what God has placed on my heart.

What an amazing mission trip this has been to the world's 6th largest pro tournament! God is so awesome! Thank you to everyone who has supported and loved on us! You have each meant so much! God bless you.

Growing the game and sharing His fame,

Scott Paschal
Founder


Tennis Missionaries Melody Snelen and Shantel

Mark signing up new ICTA California members

Joseph and Shantel with Mr. Stilts

Welcome to ICTA California

That's me surrounded by a neat group of gals interested in our tennis tours.

300,000 people is a lot of people.

Neat shot from the Grandstand.

Howdy, new members!