Thursday, March 8, 2007

Int'l Christian Tennis Association: ICTA California Day 8


This empty booth is so special to me.

When we arrived at the Pacific Life Open site and were walked to our exhibitor's booth, I just about cried. I knew how much work had had to happen to acquire this little booth, and I knew the ministry that God was about to provide through it.

To everyone who helped create this entire situation for me, thank you. Thank you to our ministry friends and partners. Each of you have played an important role in our attending the 6th largest pro tournament in the world!

And, in maybe an odd sounding way, thank you to those who would try and harm our ability to gain this booth. I nearly canceled the whole trip, but your anger, frustration, and manipulative habits galvanized my resolve and made my focus more strongly on God's plan. You also strengthened my friendships my my ministry partners and supporters. It is so great to see how God uses you to grow and develop my ministry well past my own abilities and into His.

As we arrived to our booth, I saw so much... myself a few years ago as God began working through me to reach others... my staff, Rachel and Melody Snelen, who were tennis beginners in 1999 at 16 years of age, but now travel the world on mission trips competing in pro tournaments as WTA ranked players... the International Christian Tennis Association as God placed big dreams in my heart then taught me how to make them come true.

As we already begin to close in on 100 new ICTA members in just the 2nd day, thank you so much to God's




Melody Snelen, Mark, and Joseph quickly began setting up our outreach. Mark's parents, Robin and Jim, plant churches in Mexico.

Our ICTA Women's Pro Tennis Team really appreciates Robin as she helps them navigate Mexico. Robin is really a wonderful person. She is always helpful. Her and Jim came to our place in Palm Coast, Florida last year.

Joseph's parents, Marjorie and Ricky, own the Christian TV and radio station for the Pacific Islands. They also own a bunch of secular companies. I really enjoyed meeting them when they came to my house in Palm Coast a couple of months ago. Marjorie is an amazing prayer warrior and a huge advocate for ICTA. They have asked me to come to their country this summer. If my schedule permits, I would love it!

Our first new ICTA member (two pics above) and new ICTA members signing up! Right now, we are swarmed with tremendous people offering to help grow our ministry. So many plans are being made even as I type! Pastors, tennis pros, ministry founders & workers... God's people coming together!

Susan D. San Diego, Teacher
Pat D. La Quinta, Tennis Pro
Bob A. Arcadia, Financial Planner
Audrey C, La Mesa, Scientist
Bruce W, California, Exercise Physiologist
Susan S, Murietta, Teacher
Joe S, St Louis, Mo, Retired
Simon M, Costa Mesa, Tennis Pro
Rose G, Santa Ana, Nurse
Sam G, Santa Ana, Aerospace
Gale H, Indian Wells, Artist
Amy F, Indo, Junior Player
Gerald G, Monterey, Structural Engineer
Robert O, Washington, Real Estate
Gerri S, Murietta, Retired
Elise O, Portland, Oregon, Wife & Mother

So fantastic to have sooo many wonderful people join our faith-based tennis association!

God bless!

Scott